I can’t believe it’s already coming to the end of January. There’s Valentines reminders in every store already, have you noticed? gah. In the twenty-one days this year has been alive, it’s not quite been what I expected. School has piled on way, WAY more work than I anticipated, and my ambition to get it all done has been much, MUCH lower than I hoped. So, needless to say, I’ve been absent from my VMMV baby far more frequently than I imagined. sighhhhhhhhh.
I know I already did my “word of the year,” but some lovely ladies on some equally as lovely blogs came up with the idea of doing an “unword.” That is, a word you want to “undo” out of your vocabulary (and your life) this year. For some reason, getting rid of something is way easier than resolving to gain something, so the unword wagon is something I jumped on pretty fast. My word? “Unconfidence.” It’s slightly deceiving because I am very confident, it is more confidence and surety in decisions though that I’m going to stop being unconfident about and start being…well, confident about. Unapologetic I suppose—there’s one “un-word” that shouldn’t be gotten rid of and that’s what I’ll be doing in 2014:
- Confident that the days I work, and work, and…work, won’t last forever.
- Confident that the things I am working for will actually, eventually happen.
- Confident that I can only do so much and then letting the rest go
- Confident that when I don’t have time to blog, I simply don’t have time and readers may come and readers may go and that’s just how it’s going to be
- Confident that the things I have to let slip aren’t going away, just being set aside for a little while
- Confident that what I am doing is plenty
- Confident about the time I set aside to spend with the people I love is time well spent
- Confident about not being the best all the time is still absolutely wonderful
- Confident that my time-frame isn’t everyone else’s, and their’s isn’t mine and that’s ok
- And, of course, confident that this year will have some wonderful days and some horrible ones and somewhere in the middle there will be created a very special new year.
What’s your unword for this year? What do you want to stop doing? What have you resolved against? Check out all the other unwords here for a few ideas if you’re stuck!
– <3 A.